EUROPEAN INITIATIVES / EVS Projects realized
EVS Xilocastro (Greece) 2011
Youth in Action 2007-2013 - Action 2. European Voluntary Service (EVS)
“Help at home - Xilocastro”
- European Commission Directorate-General for Education and Culture.
- Sending organization: Almeria Provincial Council.
- Coordination / Hosting organization: DHKEX Municipality of Xilokastro.
- Volunteer: Amanda García Martínez.
- To reinforce the feeling of European active citizenship among young people..
- To help young people from Almeria access programmes driven by the European Commission.
- To help town councils to motivate adolescents to become involved in European activities in general and especially in the European Voluntary Service..
- To make information regarding participation in the European Voluntary Service accessible to young Almerian citizens.
- To promote a cultural and language exchange within the European Union.
- To improve labour market access.
- To collaborate with social workers in the home care services for seniors.
- To care for an elderly person and his/her house, carrying out household chores such as cleaning, cooking and any other related activities, taking part in leisure activities and outings, etc.
- To promote the Youth in Action European Programme.
From 12th January 2011 to 11th July 2011.
Europe Direct - Almeria
Almeria Provincial Council
Tel..: 00 34 950 21 18 10 / 11 / 12